Camp Allows Children To:
- Meet other campers with Type 1 Diabetes
- Cope with the daily struggles of managing Diabetes
Camp Angels Donors transform the lives of children living with diabetes and their families.
To understand why transformation is vital, understanding the toll Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) takes on the entire family’s life is important.
Type 1 Diabetes is a condition where the body’s immune system destroyed the part of the pancreas which makes insulin. Insulin is necessary to properly digest food and give the body the energy it needs to survive. Therefore, when a child is diagnosed with T1D, insulin must be replaced and because the digestive system destroys insulin, it must be injected under the skin.
Several challenges remain:
- Determining how much insulin to take, because it changes on a daily basis based upon stress levels, activity level, how many carbohydrates are consumed, and many other factors.
- Teaching the child to care for himself/herself
- Teaching the family how to care for the child
Families often find a total lifestyle change is needed. This leads to increased stress.
Camp Angels Inc is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization that partners with healthcare providers to provide support programs for their patients with diabetes. Donations to Camp Angels Inc are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law. Tax # 56-2416796